Student Success Advocate
Student Success Advocate
With full-time students in 80+ countries and funding from Y Combinator and other top-tier funds from Silicon Valley, Microverse is looking for a Head of Business Development to build relationships with employers worldwide, helping us connect the world’s most talented individual with international opportunities. We have hundreds, and soon thousands of students, and your job is to give them jobs.
The right candidate will have strategic and hands-on experience defining, implementing and growing large-scale programs for global companies. This includes demonstrated business development and selling experience, and experience in developing programmatic approaches to build and scale programs, strong program and project management skills, a customer-obsessed and collaborative approach, strong data and metrics bias, a good understanding of the remote software development job market, and a passion for helping people transform their lives through education and training.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establishing long-term partnerships with software engineering employers worldwide, both with remote-only and remote-first companies, as well as with local companies in our main markets.
- Managing relationships with employers to understand their hiring needs, develop personalized training programs, understand their selection process, collect feedback about our graduates, implement mentorship initiatives, create internship opportunities, and facilitate the participation of their team members in our community through webinars, mock interviews, and other events.
- Working with the Career Services team and its career coaches, as well as with the Curriculum & Learning team of Microverse to align student outcomes with the needs of our hiring partners.
- Managing our Launchpad program to help companies manage international payments and compliance when hiring our students worldwide.
- Identifying new strategic verticals and markets to expand our value proposition and focus our growth efforts.
- Managing and growing a world-class business development team to meet the expectations of our graduating students and growth objectives.
- Establish partnerships with other organizations such as content providers, job listing companies, governments, and international payment providers.
Education, Skills, and Experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in a business development or partnerships role working with customers and partners from all cultures and backgrounds
- Experience in the job placement and recruiting market with a deep understanding of how remote companies hire and operate
- Experience working at a fast-growing company and leading world-class partnerships and programs
- Highly analytical, strategic and creative thinker with strong business judgment
- Ability to drive initiatives with minimal structure, and be influential within the Microverse team to garner internal support for your initiatives
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships, manage a team, influence stakeholders, and inspire others
- Willingness to get your hands dirty, lead by example, and motivate teams
- Passion for Microverse’s mission and its role in improving people’s lives through education
- Experience using tools and technology to make your work more efficient
- Have a deep understanding of how technical recruiting works and what companies look for when hiring software engineers and other IT professionals
- Have prior startup and remote experience working for a global company
- Have high empathy for working with individuals from different countries and cultures
- Are based in Europe/Americas/Africa (for maximum timezone overlap)
- Consider yourself to be a global citizen and passionate about making opportunity more equally distributed around the world
What we offer
- Help change the lives of thousands of people from all around the world by helping them start international careers
- Join and shape the direction of a rapidly growing startup backed by some of the top funds in Silicon Valley
- Become part of a company that is leading the way people collaborate and work remotely, both internally and through the training of our students and partners
- Join the team at company retreats all around the world every year and enjoy our travel allowance to meet with team members anywhere in the world
- Work alongside a fully-distributed team of people from all around the world with a deep belief in our core values:
- We are global citizens
- We are passionate about our mission
- We invest in people
- We are eager learners
- We are transparent
- We take ownership of our work
- We live a harmonious life
How to apply
Send us a short paragraph telling us why you think you are a great fit for this position. Include the word “BBQ” at the beginning and at least a few sentences about your biz dev and partnerships experience so we know you read the entire job description 🙂
* The position is a full-time remote position.
Microverse is an equal opportunity employer and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
NOTE: Our company has competitive and transparent salaries adjusted for cost-of-living in different geographies. Your salary will depend on experience as well as the average cost of living in your area using a custom-made salary calculator for remote-employees.