Senior Ruby on Rails Backend Engineer
Senior Ruby on Rails Backend Engineer
Are you ready to take it to the next level? We are looking for a super experienced senior backend engineer to join our A-team of designers, front- and back-end engineers. You’ll be working with cutting-edge technologies and team members in a Company with huge ambitions. Conferize is an event creation platform that helps you attract, acquire and engage attendees for you events.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Have a team mentality. We help each other thrive in order to help our customers make great events.
- High degree of motivation and engagement.
- Collaborative, upfront, positive attitude.
- Effective, responsible and self-driven team players.
- Pragmatic but with a high attention to detail.
- You are located in Copenhagen or within maximum 1 hour time zone difference.
- You work on a Mac.
- All positions are full time (37 hours pr. week).
The ideal candidate is a pragmatic generalist, has great communication skills and is able to juggle multiple tasks. We would love a fast learner but are right now looking for someone who can hit the ground running. Our stack is currently a mix of Ruby on Rails, Golang, GraphQL, React, Apollo, PostgreSQL, Docker and a lot of AWS.
- At least 5 years of proven Ruby on Rails experience. Either professional, personal projects or open source.
- Strong understanding of both SQL and NoSQL database fundamentals. Also GraphQL should not be a weird word for you.
- Good understanding of UNIX and shell scripting. You know your way around Linux.
- You don’t feel awkward when the conversation turns around Docker, Lambda, AWS or Serverless.
- You prefer solid long-term solutions rather than quick fixes and hacks.
Special Requirements for Remote Workers
- You must have high speed Internet and a quality video camera (720p+) and a good microphone for Google Hangouts.
- You must be able to travel to Copenhagen, Denmark (at our expense) for teambuilding get-togethers.
- You must be online throughout your work day, especially during core business hours 10 am to 3 pm CET, using Slack for communication with the distributed team.
What we offer
To be part of an adventure. With a great team of highly motivated and engaged individuals, who are also great team players. We are on an exciting journey towards something big.
- Option to work with the latest technologies, building a cutting edge product and user experience.
- Real participation and teamwork. You are not getting a list of stuff to do; you are part of the process of both deciding and doing. Your opinion is valued.
- Competitive salary/equity.
- Option to work remotely, or joining us in our awesome workspace in Copenhagen, in the heart of the city’s thriving startup scene.
- Flexible vacation policy – take time off as you need it.
How We Work
At Conferize we strive to cultivate a multicultural environment where work, socializing and personal development go hand in hand. We invest in people who are driven and motivated and believe in changing the status quo. We love creative thinkers and self starters, who never wait to be told what to do.
We believe in a flat bottom-up organization of work where culture trumps policy. We have little-to-no ‘middle layer’, as our team work semi-autonomously and leadership is semi-internalized. We’re 100% product-driven, operating with a zero bug policy and exceptional product design; how things look, how they work and how they’re built.
Like us you’re ambitious and professional, yet nice to be around. You have excellent standards for how you communicate and collaborate. We’ll give you everything you need to do your absolute best, most creative and challenging work – with the least amount of frustration.
Our main office is in Copenhagen and we work with flexible hours.
Meet us and our beliefs
Think big. We are a small team of around 20 people. But we like to “think big”. We want to change a conservative industry. Not by following others footsteps, but setting a new path.
Be transparent: With us there is no heavy management structure and we like everyone to share everything, from bold strategies to small thoughts.
Life first. We care about results, not face time. You’re ready to walk the extra mile when needed – and we respect you have a life to live.
Have fun. We serve serious customers and act professionally. But that doesn’t mean we cannot have fun. Humour and a family-feeling is what ties it all together.
Challenge everything. We don’t do anything because we have to or the norm says so. We challenge everything. The industry and each others. That’s how we get better. And better.
If you’re more than -1/+1 hour from the CET timezone you do not need to apply.
NOTE: If you are representing a developer or an outsourcing company we are not interested. Please do not email us.
Tags: Internacional, Programming