Marketing Associate- Jamestown Europe
Madrid, Madrid provincia
We are looking for a highly motivated Marketing Associate to join our small but growing team in the Iberia region. The primary purpose of this role is to support the delivery of the marketing strategy across properties in Spain and Portugal. The role oversees the execution of activities across the marketing mix.
The Associate reports to the Director of Creative & Marketing for Europe and works directly with the local Asset Manager and team based in Madrid, with the wider team dispersed throughout Europe. The candidate will ensure the production and timely delivery of high-quality materials, events, and other ad-hoc activities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Education and Experience:
- Degree or relevant education in Marketing, Design, Communications or a related field of study from an accredited university; and
- Two to five years of experience in commercial real estate, retail or hospitality, with a focus on marketing + events; and
- Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work independently and with Asset Manager to identify marketing needs and work with Director of Creative & Marketing to develop marketing initiatives and plans, including the design and production of marketing collateral, print and digital, newsletters, surveys events, etc.
- Manage execution of marketing strategy as set and approved by Director.
- Create decks to support leasing of properties and Asset Managers needs in communication with potential tenants.
- Seek avenues for added value using technology to support our tenancy and the asset management team. This includes the use of existing prop tech to create community at the properties.
- Develop and manage leasing materials and support the development and upkeep of leasing website according to brand standards
- Assist with additional branding efforts and strategy for market placement that can be applied across signage, leasing collateral, tenant communications, photography, etc.
- Develop a plan to activate property in order to enhance tenant experience including tapping into area business to develop a perks program for tenants
- Develop relationships with tenants to foster sense of community and be able to pull stories and content ideas from within the asset communities.
- Curate strategic partnerships among the tenants
- Engage relevant external brands for partnerships to support any events or activations
- Manage budget for any activations and programming and other marketing initiatives
- Interface and develop relationships with property management and tenants, vendors such as printers, copywriters, photographers and other third-party contractors
- Support team with light graphics and photography
- Act as webmaster for property website, making updates and uploading content
- Support digital and onsite event development and execution (when possible barring COVID)
- Other duties as needed
- Support Asset Management team with gifting and other tenant or marketing needs as they arise, sourcing and execution
- Special projects and research as required
The job will require a diverse skill set. Main responsibilities, without limitations, include:
- Proactive, creative, collaborative with the ability to work independently with light direction
- Strong attention to detail with a ‘hands on’ mentality
- Writes and speaks fluent Spanish+ English; Portuguese a plus
- Talent for and interest in writing content and storytelling
- Familiarity with Photoshop and InDesign, a plus
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Affinity and/or experience with Real Estate, design and interior design and hospitality
- Lives in Madrid or surrounding areas
- In possession of driving license
- Has a graphic and visual perspective
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines; flexibility in changing conditions
- Responsibilities may require an adjusted work schedule, travel, overtime, and evening/weekend hours in order to meet deadlines or attend special events
- Position is part of a small, local team, with most colleagues in other areas. Ability to work independently and in a remote work environment is key
Jamestown Management Corporation