Head of Marketing
We look for a consumer-centric marketing professional to help us position and scale a new navigation product for recreational boaters.
Location: Madrid, Oslo, Berlin, Remoto
The oceans are dynamic. Our mission is to craft maps that represent the ever-evolving oceans; accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and boats in real-time to build the most representative marine cartography.
In order to collect this vast amount of data, we are building revolutionary navigation devices, aka Chartploters. These chartplotters collect marine data as boaters use them. We use this data to make the products better and our customers safer.
Data is deeply embedded in the product and engineering culture at Orca. We rely on data – lots of it – to improve nautical cartography, to optimise how people navigate, to proactively detect errors, and to build the first global organic marine data set for boaters, the scientist community, researches and public authorities.
We’re changing how people navigate the waters. We are Orca, the makers of the organic cartography.
About the Team
We’re the team which is tasked with scaling a consumer business.
Our brand is unknown in the market and our product is a newcomer competing with giants such as Garmin, Simrad and Raymarine. But our promise is to deliver best-in-class experiences: performant, user friendly and crafted.
We need to build a brand and a product identity to convey our promise and help us gain the trust of the consumers.
Orca’s initial product is a mix of hardware and software for it contains consumer electronics components such as a tablet, a cradle, and a hub, as well as digital products such as mobile apps and web services.
What You’ll do
We’re looking for a talented marketing professional to join us as a foundational member of the team to scale a consumer business (hardware and software). Your work is paramount to the satisfaction of our customers, as well as the future of the company.
You’ll be responsible for articulating an effective marketing strategy, defining a product identity loved by our target users, achieving product-market fit, and operating efficiently a GTM strategy and marketing campaigns.
You will solve complex challenges around gaining user trust, competing with well-established products, and finding innovative ways to reach out to users economically. However, you will count with a high quality product and a highly motivated and knowledgeable team of developers which execute ruthlessly. In particular, you will be responsible for:
* Articulating a full-fledged marketing strategy to scale a consumer business.
* Define and validate a product and brand identity which allows us to shine among the competition while gaining user trust.
* Iterate on the product positioning to achieve product-market fit.
* Define an efficient and creative GTM strategy to maximize the bang for the buck.
* Execute marketing campaigns and be accountable for its results.
* Lead the work with agencies and consultants to drive the execution of the marketing strategy.
* Get into the skin of our customers, understand their needs and solve their boating needs efficiently.
* Help define a product that is highly leveraged and scalable.
As a foundational member of the team, we expect you to:
* Help define the data story and enable data-driven solutions at Orca, both externally and internally.
* Contribute in scaling the team and the organization.
* Spread a data driven culture at Orca.
Important Traits for This Role
* Have done something similar before (industry, challenges)
* Ability to think strategically as well as be hands on and action driven.
* 5+ years of demonstrated ability to articulate and validate marketing strategies which have worked.
* A data driven and creative approach to marketing.
* Experience managing digital marketing campaigns (Facebook, Search Ads, …)
* Experience ramping up consumer businesses which have scaled to millions.
* Autonomy, proactivity, and ownership when driving work to completion, especially in the face of ambiguity. You actively expand your comfort zone by exploring new and/or unfamiliar tasks.
* An empirical approach to making technical decisions. You develop strong hypotheses, design experiments to test them, interpret the results, and clearly communicate your findings.
* A desire to collaborate with and learn from individuals with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
How we work
We are a multicultural team with people all over the world. English is our communication interface
We have a remote-first culture. This requires mature and autonomous professionals. At the same time, we believe in bonding across employees and we stimulate working together.
We strive to have the best working practice to support our employees and our users. This is a never ending process that we expect you to contribute to.
What We Value
Check our core values to get a feeling for what we value:
* We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
* We value individuals who challenge the status quo, who are alert and question everything.
* We believe authority is gained through wisdom, wisdom through knowledge, and knowledge through data.
* We believe in continuous lifetime learning and value the power of curiosity
* Who value individuals who have empathy, putting the user’s needs first.
* We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team.
If you love cartography and data; you find the oceans intriguing and exciting; and you think you have what it takes to work on innovative products with the potential to have an impact on the life of millions of people and nature, then send us your application. We would love to review it.
Orca Technologies AS
Sueldo: 25.000€-65.000 EUR (+Stock Options)