Experienced Java Software Engineer – Seville
Sevilla, Sevilla provincia
Appian is a NASDAQ listed US software company headquartered in Tysons, Virginia – in the Washington, DC metro area. We have offices located in major cities such as London and Sydney, and now we are hiring for our office in Seville, Spain!
Appian is a low-code automation platform that lets business people build powerful enterprise web and mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code.
At Appian, we’re not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, and innovation; great people, great software!
As an experienced Software Engineer at Appian you will help build automation (RPA, AI, ML) into the next generation of our core low-code application development platform and help tackle our most challenging technical problems alongside other brilliant engineers.
- In an autonomous scrum team you will develop simple yet elegant solutions to complex technical problems at the intersection of Engineering and IT
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations
- Manage availability, latency, scalability, security and efficiency of data access within Appian by engineering reliability into software and systems
- Play an integral part in the design, architecture, standards and Agile methods for our web-based and mobile platform
- Automate functional testing as well as testing for performance and security
- Respond to and resolve emergent problems; write software and build automation to prevent problem recurrence
- You have 2+ years experience building and delivering enterprise grade software applications
- You’re a tinkerer at heart with an innate ability to solve tough system problems
- You have experience in CI/CD in Cloud environments, like AWS and continuous integration systems, like Jenkins
- You thrive on solving labyrinthine problems within large, high-performance, real-time, distributed data systems
- You hold a BS in Computer Science and/or equivalent years of experience writing code in a modern programming language (Java preferred)
- You have demonstrable understanding of systems, algorithms, and OO design
- Agile is your mantra and quality is your goal
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English is required
Want to learn more about us?
- Check out our Engineering blog
- Learn about our tech stack
- Category: Technology, Engineering
- Subcategory: Software Engineering
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
- Work From Home: Negotiable
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.